Sunday, January 12, 2014

Paris, France

13:59
YYZ is a hot mess! Ticketing systems still all down.

14:14
So we have snuck our way to our gate. But we don't have a boarding pass. So we were sent to our gate to get a boarding pass but there is a flight to Moscow boarding. But they don't have computers so they are manually checking in everyone. And they have to finish before we can get our boarding passes. Ooooooohhh boy this is getting interesting.

16:20
Since we can't do anything for a while, we are getting lunch. Also, there's been a time change.

16:58
Something about this airport feels different than the previous times I've been here. A definite sense of urgency and dread.

17:21
Still no boarding pass. 1:20 till we are supposed to take off.

17:39
Progress I guess. We talked to a guy and we are now checked in at least. Our boarding passes are supposed to be delivered to the gate. But there is no one here because they are all trying to manually check in everyone on the other side of security. This all goes to show how awesome technology is and how useless we are without it.

17:58
Still no boarding passes. 40 minutes till take off

18:03
And our first delay of the day. 20 mins.

18:18
We also don't have boarding passes for our flight to Nairobi either.

18:31
Success!!! We have boarding passes to Europe. Now we just have to deal with the inevitable delays getting out of here and our now short transition in Paris.

18:35
Now I know what a manual boarding pass looks like.

18:52
I think we are getting on a plane. This is a positive step.

19:03
There are no power outlets on the plane. The running diary is officially in jeopardy.

19:06
Everyone is speaking a lot more French than I was anticipating.

19:39
Only an hour late. Thanks a lot YYZ

20:35
I may have gotten into the Gravol...

20:36
International flights are great because the food is above average. We are getting fresh baguettes.

20:40
Watching The Hangover III. Feel asleep for a while. Didn't miss anything.

21:05
The time warp has begun. I don't really know what time it is. Nor could I guess based on how my body feels.

21:18
Baguettes and free beer!!!

23:31
Still working in a solid 10 mins of sleep. It's going to be a long night.

23:38
Good news. Only 11 hours of flying left to go. Bad news. I haven't felt my ass in over an hour and my eyes have gone blurry.

1:14
More food? More food!

1:15
I think it's tomorrow in Toronto now. Only 1 day of travel left to get to Kenya!

1:27
Wasn't paying attention before and I missed that we flew over Ireland. Whoops

1:43
I did it! Finally found a moment where Christina wasn't napping and I escaped from my seat. First time I stood up in 6 hours I think.

1:44
Now playing: Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

2:00
Feels like we were in Edmonton just a few weeks ago.

2:12
Already morning here. Sun is starting to rise.

2;45
We have made it to a foggy Paris. On to the next adventure!




Gibby Davis
On my iPhone
(780) 707-4414

No comments:

Post a Comment