Sunday, January 12, 2014

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

7:34
Bags are packed. Car is loaded. En route to YEG!! Let's get this started!

7:35
I'm already tired. Woke up 2.5 hrs before my alarm due to excitement.

8:35
Things have progressed rather nicely. We have cleared security and now the only thing that stands between us and our flight is a cup of Tim Hortons for Christina.

8:37
Only One person in line at Tim's??? It's a (minor) miracle!

9:27
I have already realized that I don't need a running diary as much when I have someone here to talk to. Anyways, it's nearly airplane time.

9:27
Now reading reports of potential delays in Toronto (our first stop) due to computer failures. Now it gets fun.

9:29
I find my experience in airports improves drastically if I sit in a place where I can see out the window.

10:10
Airplane!!! #1

10:12
CD-Christina becomes delirious from lack of sleep

10:51
This morning we are flying westjet. Which means we have TVs. Which means I'm pleasantly distracted.

10:56
I'm watching Chopped Canada. I thought it was going to be better. But all the judges are just wayyyy too nice. I expected the usual striking critiques.

10:59
Guy loses on the show. Says "I thought I did my best. Couldn't have asked for anything more." How about winning? That would have been more.

11:01
Time for an old past time of mine. Watching Mayday (the airplane crash show) while on an airplane.

11:12
CD- Bored with mayday... Maybe there's something better on the W network.

11:38
I managed to get to watch the episode of Mayday where the plane successfully lands without incident. Got a nice adrenaline rush when the plane landed on the show.

12:32
Only 17 hours of flying left.

12:36
Flying over the USA right now. I wonder how many counties we will be over before we land in Nairobi.

12:37
I'm ridiculously excited to see Paris today. Even if it's from a plane.

12:38
Programming note: any post that starts with CD comes from my copilot.

12:40
#nowplaying
Miike Snow - Miike Snow

12:41
I'm jealous of the guy beside me who has slept nearly the entire flight. It's making me self conscious that i can't sleep on planes. Also making me wish I did more to try to prepare more for the upcoming jet lag.

13:38
After some "grab the seat in front of you" turbulence, we are now in Toronto! Flight 1 down. Let's see how messed up the airport is.



Gibby Davis
On my iPhone
(780) 707-4414

No comments:

Post a Comment