Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Seaford, Victoria, Australia

The above title is a bit of a farce, but I will explain. I am technically in Melbourne at the moment using the facilities at the library, but I have been staying in Seaford for the last 3 nights. I arrived back in Melbourne about a week ago and have since spent a few nights in the city before moving out to Seaford with my mate Richard.

I met Richard at the Grand Prix back in March and he has been kind enough to let me stay at his place, for which I am very thankful as it has saved me (at least for a while) from living in hostels. I got to sleep on a queen size bed and used a non-shared washroom. These little things that I had grown accustomed to in a previous life now seem fantastic.


Since I've been back to Melbourne, there has not been a lot of news from me. I have spent my time touring around the southern suburbs for the last few days. Before that I attended yet another footie match (Collingwood vs Carlton) with 90,000 other fans. I also spent a bit of time shopping for some winter clothing for my upcoming journey to the snowfields (that's what they call the mountains here).


Since I haven't got much else to report, I'm going to share with you a few of the songs that I've been listening to lately. Enjoy.

Brasstronaut - Hearts Trompet
Crystal Castles - Doe Deer
Final Fantasy - Lewis Takes off His Shirt
These United States - I Want You To Keep Everything
Bon Iver - Creature Fear
Luke Temple - Tunnelvision
The Flaming Lips - Silver Trembling Hands
Final Fantasy - This Modern Love (Bloc Party Cover)
iNSiDEaMiND - A Matter of Time
PS I Love You - Face Love
Kids on TV - Posion
Volcanoless in Canada - Mexican Circus

1 comment:

  1. Gonna go ahead and recommend the following songs based off of what I heard from your selection:

    Moby - Memory Gospel
    Broken Records - Nearly Home

    Solid stuff my friend. Long live alternative and Indie!

    ReplyDelete