Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

So my inability to update my blog properly continues and as a result I'm giving you a massive update like this. Since the last time I've been on here the following things happened (pictures and videos included where possible):

-Watched Big Sugar play a live outdoor show in -10 weather. Another great band to top of my musical Grey Cup Weekend




-The Riders lost the Grey Cup and I drove back to Saskatoon the very next day with 50,000 sad people who inadvertently created chaos in Lloydminster at all gas stations and fast food restaurants.

-I worked for 3 days in a row in Saskatoon completing work as a commercial photographer.


-Went for some spectacular desserts at Calories with my lovely friend Jenn.


-Drove back to Edmonton for my first flockey (floor hockey) game of the season. Luckily my training paid off and I managed to make it through the entire game feeling great. And only scored 1 own goal. A new record for my first game of a season. Also went out to Average Joes afterward to meet up with some friends.

-The next day I got myself a shiny new suit and attended the EBA Christmas Party at the Art Gallery of Alberta with Kari. Got to see some great art, had some great food, met many great people, drank a few beers and had a great time. Those last two items may or may not be related.


-Packed up my car with my ski stuff and my latest travel partner in Europe (Boris) and headed down to Whitefish for a couple days of skiing/boarding. Day 1 was entirely average, and we took day 2 off to recover from the Mexican food we ate. Day 3 was undoubtedly one of the best days I've ever had on a mountain despite my new predisposition to land on my head.





-Drove back to Edmonton with some interesting road conditions: slush, ice, snow, wind, traffic accidents, bad tires, etc.

-Started and finished my Christmas shopping.


-Did absolutely nothing for two days.

-Went to a Christmas musical with Kari.

-Rediscovered the only Christmas song I like and made it into my ringtone. I like to hear it so feel free to call me.

Now I've got a few more days to relax before I take off for my next destination. Conclusion: My life is random.

No comments:

Post a Comment