Friday, December 10, 2010

Whitefish, Montana, United States of America

Today was one of the best days I've ever had on a mountain. There was non-stop snow which meant nearly fresh tracks on every single run. There was so much snow that there was no way you could hurt yourself. This turned out to be very helpful because I took two falls that were stunning. The first fall was caused by me skiing too fast through some small trees. I came around one tree and found myself headed straight for a group of trees without enough time to react. I ran straight into the bushes which launched me heals over head. I landed on my head in a tree well with my feet, still in my bindings and my arms stuck in the snow. Luckily I managed to kick my skis off and dig myself out eventually. The next fall occurred when I went off a jump and landed in some soft snow. One of my skis instantly stuck in the ground when I landed and one of my boots was free. This action half threw me forward which caused me to put all my weight on my other ski, which promptly stuck in the snow. My other foot came out and I was thrown head first (again) into the snow. I popped my head up after completing a falling somersault with amazement of what just happened.

Anyways, my life has been hectic as always and I will provide a complete update with photos when I get back home. Until then, cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment