Sunday, February 20, 2011

Asakusa, Tokyo, Japan

Tonight I find myself back in Tokyo after two days of traveling and exploring. On Friday I packed up my bags again in preparing to leave Hakuba. I said goodbye to the staff at the Luna Hotel and Hayley and Danny reluctantly drove me to the bus terminal. The whole way they came up with a laundry list of reasons why I should stay, but as tempting it was to stay I knew I had to go. Before I got on the bus we also discussed ways that I could somehow get to Thailand to met them in April. I can't lie, it's very tempting to try to figure out a way to get over and see them again because I have so much fun when I'm with those two. I can't wait to see them again, I just wish I knew when that would be.

After a teary start to the bus ride back to Tokyo, the rest of the drive went smoothly until our second rest stop. While pulling into the service station I noticed a mountain in the distance before realized that this was my first view of Mt Fuji. I took a few minutes to find a viewpoint and captured my first image of the famous peak.


Once I got back to Tokyo I took the subway back to Asakusa and checked into my new hostel. Since then I've spent every waking hour wandering around the city taking photos, or back at the hostel editing photos. I've visited Ueno, Asakusa, Tsukishima, Chuo, Nagatacho, Shinjuku, Sibuya, and many other neighborhoods I've forgotten the names of already. Here's the photographic highlights of the last 36 hours. Enjoy.



At this point I think I've had about enough of Tokyo so I'm going to be heading off to a different country tomorrow. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment