Friday, February 11, 2011

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

7:15- here I am back on the road again traveling halfway across the world. I woke up this morning in my own bed and the next time I see a bed I'll be in Tokyo. Feels more than a little strange to be taking off again. It's even a little bit scary being on my own again. I definitely had a 'what the hell am I doing' moment while packing my bags last night. Anyways, I'm currently sitting on the Sky Shuttle destined for Edmonton International. Thanks for coming along for the ride.

7:20- sitting in a bus driving on the pothole filled streets of Edmonton makes it really difficult to typenznshxjjsjz

7:22- oh yeah, goodbye normal sleep patterns. See you in a few weeks.

7:36- Yaaayyyy! The smelly guy got off the bus early.

7:37- Booooo! Still smells.

7:39- someone managed to roll their car going into the parking lot at the airport. Emergency vehicles everywhere. Entrance to parking lot blocked. That's talent. It's a 30kmh zone.

7:46- not a good start. Ticket not found in self check-in. Agent on phone.

8:05- false alarm. Everythings good and I'm through security.

8:06- why do they have over size golf carts in airports? Do wheelchairs not work in here?

8:20- Pretty excited that I just confirmed Miss January is coming with me to a wedding in March.

8:22- Got another tempting email today. Dad offered me a chance to fly down to Thailand. I miss being completely free to take random trips like that.

9:14- Just annihilated an hour on the Internet. Time for a walk.

9:16- Still rockin' a nice limp from Monday's floor hockey.

9:21- Trying to resist the urge to eat bad food. Always hard for me while traveling.

9:34- Two laps of the airport complete. Lots of old people going to Mexico today.

9:47- Feeling a little apprehensive right now. Might just be hungry though.

9:48- Air Canada thinks they can board by rows starting at the back. That never works.

9:50- 'we would like to call forward all passengers seated in rows 20-32. Or if you are an Elite member you can board at anytime.' translation, we want this to be orderly but aren't concerned enough to make the special people wait.

9:53- Airplane time!!!! Wheeeeee!!!

10:21- Not gunna lie. Ready for a nap within the first 10 minutes of flight. Isn't the rule stay awake while flying west to fend off jet lag?

10:35- Man, Asians can sleep anywhere. Including on my shoulder.

11:13- Is it a requirement for pilots to have deep, pleasant voices?

10:31- time change. Which can only mean I'm in Van.

10:45- Upon further testing it has been determined there is no cocaine on my hands. Thanks security.

10:51- And now I find myself staring at the gate of departure I went through last January and I've been hit with a mountain of emotions that I felt the last time I was here. Going to need some thinking time.

10:53- Also trying to avoid eating crappy Japanese food as my last Canadian meal.

12:32- Following got settled and down to sleep and I was awoken with the news that my gate has moved to the other end of the terminal. Ugh.

12:44- Now that I'm awake it's time for Timmy's.

12:49- that's enough bad food for a while. Ugh.

12:54- Just hit me. I'm leaving the country again. What the he'll was I thinking?

12:55- Every time I come here I wonder over and over why I don't live in Vancouver.

12:58- The PA system in here is going to cause some hearing damage.

13:04- Just watched Egyptian television on my iPhone. That was neat.

13:22- Officially bored and I haven't even gotten on my second plane of the day.

13:26- Getting restless. Just went on an iPhone photo binge.

13:29- Airline agent just said 12 words in English then talked for a good 2 minutes in Japanese. Feeling like I missed out.

13:33- Literally the tallest person on this flight.

13:43- All set and settled on my last plane of the day.

13:45- Still left wondering why the cute girl never sits beside me on the plane.

13:47- Only 10.5 hours til Narita!

13:48- Going in stages with the diary. Signing off til Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment