Friday, September 2, 2011

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I am once again on a bit of a random adventure for the next 10-11 days. I thought there would be no better way to commemorate the new beginning of a big trip than me taking you along for the crazy overnight journey of which I am currently in the middle. So, back to where it all started this morning up until now (almost 1am EST). I welcome to read some of my ramblings and photos so far.
7:06- I start this journey with a slight detour. I need to go to work for a hours before I leave. But

I'm leaving directly from work to the airport so I'm currently carrying my bags up a big hill and
through downtown Edmonton.

7:24- And just like that we're taking a break. Have reached my desk for the day.

12:53- Lunch break! Just got a shiny new 2011 loony in my change.

15:25- And we're off. Goodbye work, hello taxi.

15:26- When I first found out I got my new job 4 months ago, I first heard about this trip. Slowly
the scope of the trip has grown. Still doesn't yet feel real that I'm going to NY then to work in TO
for a week.

15:29- I guess it makes sense as to why they aren't, but you still expect taxi drivers to be more
attentive.

15:54- I'm several hours away from the opportunity to sleep in an airport and I'm already
exhausted. Not a good sign.

16:25- Now for one of my favorite airport activities. Scouting out all the good looking girls on my
flight so I know who I will not be sitting beside on the plane.

16:29- There is live music being played in the airport terminal. One guy with an acoustic guitar.
He is not Dan Mangan. Slowly walking away like that never happened.

16:32- I keep walking past bad food like I'm not going to buy any.

16:37- I am weak.


16:38- The airport has some campaign about the construction. I'm going to need some
clarification on how airport renos help build community. PHOTO


16:39- I spotted the pilot. He looks happy therefore I'm happy.


16:40- I was just wondering what time it was. Then I remembered I'm writing a time-stamped
blog. Dumb.

16:55- Bird has arrived.


17:08- I forgot to get American money.

17:09- Just realized that I am relying on Air Canada for a good meal tonight.

17:16- I am going to the biggest city in Canada tonight and the biggest city in America tomorrow.

18:20- Already finished power napping number one. Pretty proud of myself.

18:21- On the downside. I was allocated the worst seat on the flight. Last row (no reclining chair),
middle seat. Guy beside me snores. Dinner appears to be pizza. Air Canada has stopped trying.

18:51- All signs point to the crappy meal that Air Canada is offering is going to cost me something.
Disappointment meter is peaking.

18:58- You know who charges for meals? Discount airlines. I.E. airlines that charge less. I.E. not
Air Canada.

18:59- I'm expecting to pay for water at this point. Need to distract myself if I'm going to make it
to TO without food.

19:18- I only drink tomato juice on airplanes.

19:56- This seat is small enough that I can't type on my computer.

19:57- But there is enough room to watch Breaking Bad on my computer. Which probably isn't a
good idea. Just watched the dissolving body episode. Sorry people sitting beside me.

20:00- Resisting the urge to watch Jersey Shore....

20:42- There is hope. We're going down. Food awaits!

21:20- Feels really weird to be in TO. Even though I've been here it's extremely foreign.

21:20- Not that foreign. Timmys is still lined up.

23:21- Time change!

21:31- Doing a little mini-dance while listening to Arcade Fire, waiting for luggage.

21:38- It just hit me. I have 6 hours to kill in Pearson. No longer excited about anything.

23:46- Seriously! Time change!!!

23:47- My goodness, I stink.

23:48- Remember all my Timmys bashing I just did? It's the only place still open with food.
Doing the walk of shame.


23:57- No honey crullers??? Hulk smash!

23:59- Some guy just waited to get all the way to the front of the Timmys line. One person away.
Then he turns around and leaves. Everyone is shocked. Me? I think it's Cinderella. Had to bail.

0:07- Twenty minute wait is now over. Dinner time.


0:15- Now that I finally had food, I only have one slight problem. Air Canada desk is closed.
Customs is closed. My flight doesn't leave for another 6 hours.

0:17- Hahahahaha. That guy is wearing a very low cut shirt.


0:18- Well, I'm on the next flight out of here. So there's that.


0:20- Found the airport art gallery.


0:27- I'm already bored of the airport. Going for a sit down in the back.


0:56- The floor zambonis are doing a good job of keeping me awake. That looks like it would be
an amazing job.




Alright, that brings me to the end of my first post of this journey. I'm no where near the end of
the journey. Once I finish my layover in TO, I then catch a flight first thing in the morning for
New York City. I'll stay with this mumbo jumbo until then. Look for another post in the morning
(unless I get enough requests to stop).

1 comment:

  1. Gibby your time stamp blogs crack me up.. i just laughed the whole way through.

    Xoxoxoxx
    SUe

    ReplyDelete