Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

A little bit of dejavu as I have returned back to Canada and my first stop of Toronto. It was a minor adventure today getting back into the country. I woke up in Manhattan at 3:30am (1:30 back home) and started heading for the airport in the rain.

I made it to LaGuardia to find that Air Canada had not even opened their check-in both. So instead I made friends with some of the other people waiting in line. After completing check-in and security I discovered the the airport was in fact the worst I'd ever been to. Cramped waiting areas. Worn seats. Loud air circulation. Leaking roofs. Your typical first-world problems.

Anyways, my flight was delayed taking off and landing in Toronto. As soon as I got my luggage I immediately caught a taxi to downtown because I wasn't just flying in from New York, I was going to work. I am working out of my companies Toronto office for the week (I should probably get a photo of that). I wandered into work a little after 9, complete with my two travel backpacks and a big smile. I was finally getting to meet all the people I'd been working with for months.

After a nearly full day of work, Janelle (my fellow Edmonton planner) took off for our hotel, got changed and headed out for the night. As the Red Sox were in town, we felt it'd be a good idea to go down and watch a game at the Sky Dome. It was a bad idea. The Blue Jays were not good. However, we did manage to find the most over-the-top hot dog and have many belly laughs at the expense of ourselves and those around us.

So to recap. That was one day. Six plus hour commute from Manhattan to Toronto. Full work day. Baseball game at Sky Dome. My life is so weird it freaks me out a little. But I wouldn't want it any other way.

Here's some leftover photos from New York and a couple from this evening. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment