Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia (3)

Remember in my last post where I said I would not have another post until I got to my next destination. Lies! I had forgotten that it is time for the 4 month anniversary update of my monthly Facebook status'. For those of you not on FB please enjoy my random thoughts from the past month.

Gibby Davis saw a guy try to get into the bar using his credit card as ID. I laughed and then made a mental note to remember to start carrying my ID.
March 18 at 11:15pm

Gibby Davis was finally pleased to see, after looking at his bank account, something being depositted rather than withdrawn for once. Thanks Canada Revenue Agency.
March 19 at 10:41am

Gibby Davis took an epic fall today while running. After falling, watched his iPod slide across the pier before falling through the cracks. I scrambled only in time to watch it splash down into the ocean. I proceeded to finish my run only to find out afterwards that I also tore my running shorts beyond repair and my hip was bleeding. Talk about an expensive run.
March 20 at 7:09pm

Gibby Davis has not had a good trip with electronics so far. Camera 3 (underwater camera), juju4 (iPod) and 3 sets of headphones have perished already.
March 20 at 7:12pm

Gibby Davis is going to try to run iTunes on his netbook. Wish him luck.
March 21 at 8:58am

Gibby Davis is three months into his journey and it still doesn't seem real. I can't believe I'm doing this.
March 23 at 2:36pm

Gibby Davis is going back to work after taking a 97 day holiday. Going back on holidays on Monday.
March 24 at 4:32pm

Gibby Davis worked 13.5 hours on his first day back at work. Epic fail on easing my way back into it.
March 25 at 8:08pm

Gibby Davis is a world renown car park attendant. I knew that arts degree would come in handy.
March 26 at 8:04pm

Gibby Davis had a surreal exerience today. Was watching Formula 1 qualifying on TV, then walked outside and could hear the cars...
March 27 at 1:44pm

Gibby Davis had quite the day. Worked a full shift, went to library, watched live racing (F1 and V8 Supercars), watched some rock and roll (Powderfinger) and made it home by 9.
March 27 at 7:38pm

Gibby Davis is impressed and sad that he has managed to gain back all the weight he lost. Musta been channelling my inner Morgan Spurlock.
March 27 at 7:58pm

Gibby Davis has concluded his Grand Prix weekend. Worked too much, had a great time and met some even greater people. Very happy I got to be a part of it.
March 28 at 7:45pm

Gibby Davis would also like to apologize for what he put his body through the last few days. Massive pain from excessive standing/walking, open wounds, 10+ blisters, illness, lost voice, minimal, sporadic eating of horrible foods.
March 28 at 7:47pm

Gibby Davis is currently enduring the pubescent-like side affects of losing his voice. Hopefully I can speak like a grown up again soon.
March 30 at 3:12pm

Gibby Davis has an addiction to junk food. Step 1 is admitting you have a problem. I'm assuming Step 2 is not eating anymore junk food.
March 30 at 7:45pm

Gibby Davis has landed in Perth and because of the time change is enjoying a 27 hour birthday.
April 4 at 1:04am

Gibby Davis is going to be cheering for Graham DeLaet to win on the PGA Tour tomorrow. Saw him play in Edmonton in 2007. He would be the first winner from Saskatchewan ever.
April 4 at 5:04pm

Gibby Davis ran 23km this morning as punishment for eating bad things on his birthday. This is going to hurt later.
April 5 at 10:13am

Gibby Davis is going for a really long walk with his camera. Need to think.
April 5 at 3:33pm

Gibby Davis is having a lot of 'what the hell am I doing here' moments lately.
April 6 at 7:50pm

Gibby Davis ran to the Indian Ocean this morning. For the record, I did not drop my iPod in the ocean this time.
April 7 at 12:52pm

Gibby Davis is moving to Fremantle today.
April 8 at 11:41am

Gibby Davis is going to have his sleep schedule destroyed by the (US) Masters. Must wake up at 2am on the weekend to watch golf.
April 9 at 10:49am

Gibby Davis finally gave into the pressure and purchased his first mobile phone. If you want to call or txt from Canada my number is 61 4 06 113 706 (Aussies use 04 06 113 706). This sucks more than I can explain.
April 9 at 5:52pm

Gibby Davis is taking the cameras for a tour of the Perth suburbs.
April 10 at 10:07am

Gibby Davis is deciding between the museum and the art gallery. Oh the dilemmas of the unemployed.
April 10 at 5:27pm

Gibby Davis didn't have a favorite AFL team until today when the Dockers won my heart. One of the best sporting events I've even attended. FFFFFFRRRRRRREEEEEEEOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
April 11 at 9:33pm

Gibby Davis is ignoring reasonable thought, previous experience and his bank account. Relying on instinct instead.
April 12 at 2:43pm

Gibby Davis wishes he was in Edmonton with his adopted family today.
April 13 at 7:27pm

Gibby Davis has forgotten how gross humidity can be. Sweat!!
April 15 at 8:02pm

Gibby Davis is taking a cool down break at Darwin Waterfront after a 5 hour walk. Might be sunburned.
April 16 at 1:49pm

Gibby Davis had a busy day. Held a python; saw jumping crocodiles, wild frog, possum, wallabie, large eagles; swam in a waterfall; got a massage from a river; traveled over 400km; and then I ate the bowl.
April 18 at 9:14pm

No comments:

Post a Comment