Monday, July 12, 2010

Mt Buller, Victoria, Australia (4)

Alright, it's time for this blog to get running at full steam once again and there is no better way for that to happen than for it to get interactive.

As you may have guessed from my previous post, my travels have taken me once again headlong into the unknown. I've got so many options in my head, and I'm sure so many more that I haven't even thought about. So I've going to give you the options that I am considering for you to choose from. If you don't like any of my ideas, then give me a new one. I'm open to just about anything.

I would love to hear your opinion on what I should do, where I should go. I realize that some of you will have biased opinions based on your proximity to me (I'm looking at you Duck Inn staff), so I will judge your opinions appropriately. I can't guarantee I will follow your advice but I'm pretty much as unsure as I could be about what to do. So here we go.

Qualifiers
1. I am poor. I've got about $2000 to last me until I hit Europe on August 27 (and Europe isn't going to be a time to save money either). Cheap is good.
2. I will be based in Mebourne as of July 19.
3. I have no job.
4. I am willing to travel.

Given those assumptions, here are a few options that I've thought of.
1. Stay in Melbourne until my originally scheduled departure on August 25. I can stay with friends and use up some free nights I have at a hostel in St Kilda.
2. Leave Australia a few weeks early on my way to Thailand and visit the northern part of the country for the first time.
3. After returning to Melbourne for a while, continue my travels around Australia. I still haven't been to South Australia (the only state I haven't been to).
4. Leave Australia a few weeks early and travel to some other country (leaving from Bangkok). Options include Vietnam, Korea, etc.

So there you go. Those are my options that I've come up with. Let me know what you think.

Before I go, I will mention that there is still one potential monkey wrench in all these plans. I have been in correspondence with the company that runs Mt Buller and they have been searching for a photographer. If that pans out, all bets are off. To give you an idea of what they have been looking for, here are some of my photographic highlights from the last month. Enjoy.



3 comments:

  1. Most Definitely Vietnam

    ReplyDelete
  2. North Korea! I'm hearing the prison's are a hot spot to visit nowadays. Satire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay on in Oz (either as photographer or South Australia) or Vietnam.

    ReplyDelete