Thursday, July 29, 2010

St Kilda, Victoria, Australia (2)

It's official. I think I've lost my mind. Tonight was one of those evenings where I surprise myself. I have spent the previous two months living at altitude, eating heavily and poorly. After getting settled in in the city, I decided tonight that I should go for a run (especially after the quantity of fish ad chips I consumed for lunch). I expected that lifestyle would lead to me feeling like i want to vomit within 10 minutes, like I usually feel when I start running again. What I didn't realize was that all this negligent behavior was the perfect training to complete yet another half marathon. In the process I shattered my record for least amount of training days required to complete a half. The old record was 13 days and was set when I was 4 years younger. The new record is 0 days. It appears as though the key to my success was living at altitude.

For those of you that have spent days, weeks and months training for a half, I'm sorry. If it makes you feel any better, I am having extreme difficulty getting up and down stairs right now Normally that wouldn't be a problem because this hostel has a lift, but I am sleeping on top bunk tonight....

No comments:

Post a Comment