Thursday, January 21, 2010

Koh Lipe, Satun, Thailand (2)

I have arrived in my latest breath-taking destination of Koh Lipe. This is a small remote island in the Andaman Sea. There are several islands around us here that are much larger but are generally unhabitated. The travel to Lipe was interesting in ways that only travel can be in Thailand. We started with a long-tail boat ride which we inadvertently took to the wrong place.We managed to swing it so our bus would come pick us up, which astonishingly, worked. We traveled by mini-bus for two hours to a random pier where we caught out next boat ride to Koh Lipe.

We are currently staying at the Mountain Resort which is home to one of the nicest views and beaches I've ever seen. I will likely be out in full photographic force in a few once I get over whatever illness I have acquired. Until then, enjoy these few photos from my recent travels and my first night in Lipe.

Traveling


Lipe

3 comments:

  1. cool pics!
    How was Railay? Did you get rock climbing?
    and you're sick? what's going on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Railay was a lot different than I remember. We were only there for 2 nights, 1 day so I didn't get to do much. I hiked around for the day and that wass about it. I had a bit of a cold, but it went away in a hurry. Now I'm dealing with sunburn.

    ReplyDelete