Friday, January 8, 2010

Saskatoon, SK, Canada

I have survived my second trip to the north and made it back to Saskatoon (via Edmonton) with all my belongings. It's been a whirlwind few days trying to tie up any loose ends, visit as many friends and family as possible and squeeze in some World Junior Hockey games. I think I succesfully achieved all my tasks and now I sit here. Waiting. Wondering.

It's hard to describe exacly how I feel at this point, but I'll give it a shot. If you can imagine complete uncertainty mixed in with total excitement with a smidge of dread (of the upcoming airport time) to top it off. There are too many thoughts, good and bad, running through my head and there is nothing I can do to stop them.

I leave on my journey wondering what it will bring, wondering what I will miss while I'm gone. One of the hardest things for me to do is wonder. For the forseeable future I will be given an unlimited opportunity to do just that. I know that I will miss things that I don't want to miss and I will experience many things that I am going to remember forever. I just hope that at the end I am happy and a better person. I need to believe that will happen.

And maybe I will even learn to love to wonder. Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment