Friday, January 8, 2010

Richmond, BC, Canada

This afternoon I flew from Saskatoon to Vancouver. This will be my final posting from Canada as it's my final sleep in this country for 11 months.

I have been trying to experience as much of the Lower Mainland as I could before having to go to bed. I jumped on the Canada Line (Sky Train) and traveled downtown to wander and take pictures. After a little while, and a little rain, I gave up and met up with Jason. We drove over the The Eatery and had a fantastic sushi dinner (I intended on taking pictures, but we devoured the food before I remembered). Following dinner we drove back to Richmond, where I'm staying, and began hunting for bubble tea. If you've ever been to Richmond, you would know that there is a proportionally high number of ethnic restaurants but it still took us 30 minutes to find any place that would sell us bubble tea. Evetually we were eventually successful and enjoyed a tasty beverage before calling it a night.

Tomorrow the big-big-big flights happen. I have a 13 hour flight to Hong Kong, followed by a 5 hour flight to Bangkok. I'm going to try to stay awake the whole way to fend off jet-lag as best I can. I'm hoping to purchase some Chinese-grade Red Bull to accomplish this task. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment