Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Mt Buller, Victoria, Australia

As I write this post it is currently 8:30-9:00am. I just finished one of the most fun nights I've had in a while. I have travelled up to Mt Buller for Hayley's (friend and former coworker) 20th birthday party. Here's a list of some of the highlights of the day.

- Rode 4.5 hours on a bus from Melbourne to get to the mountain. Discovered that it actually finally snowed up here.
- Smashed my knee hard enough that I still have a minor limp.
- Built a quinzee (snow cave) that seats 8, complete with a drink shelf, seating, a screening wall, outside benches, stairs, etc. Oh and a potted plant.
- Wandered to almost every open pub on Mt Buller for the birthday pub crawl, despite the horrific weather conditions.
- Ate some spectacular curry.
- Involuntarily got recruited into a bum shaking contest where I may have taken off some clothing and flossed my belt. Too bad there is no conclusive evidence.
- Watched an outdoor rap battle (Crab Rattle!) between G Force and B Boy Break.
- Got home at 3am, ate fancy cheese and crackers, thn went to bed at 4am.

And to top off this awesome time I had up here, I get to follow it up with a morning of goodbyes. Can't say I'm too excited about that, but at least there will be hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment