Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Bangkok, Thailand

I am once again back in Bangkok for the 4th and final time. Not a whole lot of news to report on my end, but I did have an interesting experience on the way into the city. Seems as though they have recently opened up the rain link to the airport. I decided to give it a shot, for nothing else than to avoid another ride in a taxi. The train itself runs on an elevated track for the entire 28km length into the city. It's completely brand new and gets you to your destination in about 30 minutes (as opposed to 25 minutes driving). At first I was a little skeptical at first considering this was the schedule that I found online, which happens to be a a photo of a partially hand-written timetable (yes, this is a muti-billion dollar project). But I decided to give it a try anyways, and it turns out wonderfully. The best part was the price. A one-way trip cost me B15 which converts to CD$0.51. Gotta love Thailand.

Anyways, my biggest dilemma at the moment is whether or not I should cut my hair prior to my return to Canada, as I previously vowed. It's been nearly 10 months since the last haircut. I am long since past the point of needing a haircut, and it's starting to create some practical problems for me such as:
1. Causes me to be too warm and sweat more than normal.
2. Severe vision impairment. This causes many other problems, like compromised safety, irritable eyes, etc.
3. I look absolutely ridiculous.
4. Costs me money. I had to buy a pair of glasses to wear which help keep my hair out of my face.
5. If the wind blows the wrong direction, I can unknowingly look a lot like a pedophile.

Although there are some bonuses to having long hair such as:
1. I can always tell which way the wind is blowing because my hair doubles as a wind sock.
2. I don't have to worry about a sunburn on my neck, ears or face.
3. Occasionally I get compliments from girls on my long, glorious hair (thank you Herbal Essences).

So the internal debate shall rage on as I've got another 43 days before I return to Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment