Sunday, August 22, 2010

Hong Kong, Special Administrative Region, China

My tour of the former colonies in China is now complete. I have spent the past two days wandering around Hong Kong. Why? Because it was an hour boat ride from Macau and wandering is what I do best.

Anyways, it's been a weird couple of days. I seem to have had my hopes up a little too high for this city because it's been a bit of a letdown. I think because I am staying in one of the more soulless places on the planet (Kowloon is worse than Patong) it has put a damper on my spirits. Also my body is starting to get sick of the heat and humidity. I'm quite looking forward to being in London so I can cool off.

So tomorrow I get back on the ferry and head back to Macau and formally start my long, circuitous, 48 day, 11 country, trip back to Canada. The next two months are going to be a complete whirlwind. I hope I have enough time to realize what's going on and enjoy it.

No pictures today. I will post the HK highlights when I get back to Macau.

On my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment