Sunday, September 26, 2010

Genoa, Genoa, Italy

It has been a while since I have been in a random location, but today I am once again traveling blind. The only difference this time is that I have brought my parents along for the ride.

After spending 3 days in the stunning Swiss Alps, we awoke early this morning to catch the train to catch the cable car to get back to our car. Needless to say we were in a fairly remote lcoation. Once we got to our car we set off driving for Italy. Problem was that the route we were taking was closed due to excessive snow (yes it was snowing). So was our second route. This meant that we needed to backtrack and head away from Italy towards Lucerne. Our next hiccup was a delay of an hour waiting for traffic getting through the tunnels. Finally after several hours we arrived in a our random destination of Genoa. After checking into the hotel we decided to head to the city (we are staying at the airport). Our visit in Genoa was brief but I think this city is easily one of my favorite that I have visited on this trip.

On an unrelated note, I have failed miserably at uploading photos from Switzerland but I can promise that they will be worth the wait. And with the Swiss photos will be some of the gems from Genoa as well.

Must run, as I need to get some rest for Rome tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment