Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

My official journey around the world has now been completed, but I am nowhere near finished traveling. I am just finishing up a quick tour of my two home towns (Saskatoon, Edmonton) before taking off on a 3 week road trip through the USA.

I was very lucky to have enough time to meet up with most of my family and friends for the first time in months. I got to stay with my sisters family for a few days while in Saskatoon. While staying there I also got to see Matt, Scott, Adam & Amanda before taking off yet again. Yesterday I even got to meet up with some friends in Edmonton. I stopped by Katrine & Brad's place in the afternoon then caught up with Andrea, Mary and Kari before crashing (stayed up till 10:30). Now I'm in Edmonton patiently waiting for today to go by so that we can get this road.

It's been a very interesting couple of days seeing everyone again and see all sorts of familiar places again. Everything still feels a little strange and I'm still quite nervous to see friends and family, but I think figured out why. I have realized that over the course of my travels, I have changed significantly as a person and now I am coming back to see how the 'new me' now fits in. This is going to be an ongoing process for the next portion of my life. I'm sure that, just like all other crazy things I've become accustomed to, I'll adapt and get used to it.

Anyways, if you're wondering where I'm headed next, I will be traveling with Riley south to Yellowstone National Park and then to the bright lights of Las Vegas. It's going to be a blast.

1 comment: