Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Strasbourg, Alsace, France

So you are probably wondering what has happened to my camera since this blog has been photo -free for about a week now. All my cameras are still with me, still working, and still getting used but I've been lacking in a trusty internet connection. In order to try to catch you on the past week of my life, I've got yet another massive update for you.

The last time you saw photos, I was in Rome for a quick 3 night stay. What you haven't seen yet is what I shot on my last day. On my last night I decided to head out with my tripod for my favorite past time, night photography.


The next morning I got up early and caught the train to Venice where I gave my camera a serious workout. The first day, I decided to take it easy and instead I made up for it the next day. In all there were nearly 700 photos to go through when I finished my 36 hour stay.






After Venice, I again boarded many trains and made my way west to catch up with my parents in their latest destination of Juan-les-Pins, France. We toured around the local area for the first day before Boris arrived from Paris. The next day Bo and I headed east and spent a day ripping around Monaco.



Following that the weather decided to cooperate with our desires to have a beach day so we did some appliance shopping for my parents new apartment and built some Ikea furniture. While building the TV stand, we heard a very loud noise that at first sounded a bit like thunder but more sounded like something massive breaking. After a little while we realized that a 75ft tree has come crashing down in the parking lot across the street. Curiosity took us outside to see what had happened and we quickly realized that there were several cars smashed underneath the tree .Luckily no one was inside the cars. Even luckier was the hobo sleeping under a covered area who managed to escape injury only because he was hiding from the rain and was undercover. Anyways, we got to phone the police and got to take a few photos of the aftermath.


Now I find myself clear on the other side of France in Strasbourg (a mid-sized city along the German border). I plan on a quick photographic assault of the city in the morning before heading to my final European destination. I still can't believe it's almost over. Hope Canada is ready for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment