Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States of America

I am now two nights into the stop at Vegas and so far we've had an absolute blast. We drove into to Vegas on Saturday via the Grand Canyon and the Hoover Dam. The Grand Canyon has been a stop for me a few times in my life, but every time I'm there I am still awed by the sight. And I've seen the Hoover Dam enough times that they might know who I am by now, but there has been a new development. The Hoover Dam Bypass is now complete and is set to open shortly. The bypass is a gigantic arch bridge over top of the entire dam. It might even be more impressive than the dam itself.

Anyways, we've been exceptionally busy since we arrived in Vegas (which is easy to do). Yesterday it felt like we'd been here for 3-4 days, but it had only been 24 hours. To try to get you caught up, here's a list of things we've done so far.
1. Censored
2. Bellagio Fountains
3. Censored
4. Shopping
5. Censored
6. Censored
7. Katrine's birthday
8. Censored
9. Gambling

We've still got two more days of debauchery and sleep deprivation before heading back out on the road (this time with a full car). The latest two additions to our crew (the rhyming duo of Mary & Kari) arrived this evening to fill out the car for the drive home.

As promised, I've finally got some photos for you. I haven't been able to edit all my photos but I can show you where I've been with my panoramas. Here we go.

Yellowstone National Park



Grand Teton National Park



Arches National Park




Monument Valley


Grand Canyon National Park


Hoover Dam


Red Rock Canyon National Recreation Area


Las Vegas

2 comments:

  1. Let's see some debauchery pictures! What happens in Vegas... ultimately ends up on the internet.

    ReplyDelete