Sunday, October 24, 2010

San Francisco, California, United States of America

Since I last checked in with you I was in eastern California but have been very busy since. We traveled through Yosemite National Park yesterday stopping at a multitude of scenic spots. We saw snow, water falls, high elevation, and fire remains. We started that day by driving up to 10,000ft and ended it by sleeping along the San Francisco Bay. The next day we did a complete day tour of San Francisco that included the Golden Gate Bridge, Lombard Street, Union Square, Fisherman's Wharf, Macy's, etc, etc.

All of these wonderful things that I have seen in the last 2 days seems wholly trivial because of some news. The last 4 days I have been impatiently waiting with my mothers cell phone awaiting news on my sister who was about the give birth to my newest nephew. I was secretly hoping he would not be born till I got back, but I am glad he was for my sisters sake. This is yet another moment in life that I wished would not have happened while traveling, but nothing could damper my excitement. And in an unexpected twist, I was able to see all my family back home and the newest member of the family a mere few hours after he was born (via Skype). Very proud and happy for Helen, Regan, Jae and Ry.

To celebrate the good news, I have a mountain of photos to show you from the past two weeks. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment