Tuesday, December 20, 2011

San Francisco, California, United States of America (4)

Finally after two completely insane days, I decided to take it easy today. If you're wondering what that means, it was about 30km on foot (17 running). My morning run took me in SoMa (and horribly lost), past AT&T Park, along Embacadaro then up Nob Hill.


After that I decided to check out Chinatown for lunch. That included some very dodgy dim sum that I really shouldn't have had (survived). I then hiked up Telegraph Hill to check out the view from Colt Tower. At that point my body was starting to revolt after all the torture from walking/running/hills that I've done. The pain became excruciating enough that I headed back to rest for an hour and half.


Then after a sushi dinner, in an attempt to rest my legs from another cross-city hike/climb, I hopped on the cable car. Unfortunately for me, the cable car died because of a power outage within 2 blocks. Eventually the car started moving, with me hanging off the side, taking me over the hills while the sun set to the west. A truly great ride. After that I walked all along the waterfront taking night photos along the way.



And with that my time in San Francisco is pretty much over. Tomorrow I head down to my favorite spot in the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment