Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Seattle, Washington, United States of America

I am back in Seattle for the third time this month. But this time I actually plan on spending more than 3 hours in the airport.

This morning, Dana (my friend from ND) & I piled in the car at 7am and headed for the west coast as fast as we could. We did a great job at making good time despite some interesting mountain passes but we started getting distracted by the surroundings after passing through central Washington.



This is Dana's first ever trip to the Pacific Northwest so she is quickly getting acclimatized to the surroundings (rain). When we arrived in Seattle, via a slight detour due to my insistence on not using a map, we heading down to Pike Place Market. There is a hidden brewery in the market that makes it's own amazing beer and the most fantastic nachos I've tasted so far in my days. This visit resulted in some over-over-indulging and some difficulties walking afterwards. None-the-less we soldiered on in the rain and wandered around downtown until we were completely drenched.






Tomorrow is a new day, and our jackets will be dry by then for the next round of wandering.

No comments:

Post a Comment